Obviously Health and safety regs abound on the shoot of a drama but imagine how those dramas might look if they were applied to the script:
- All fangs on True Blood shall be rounded off
- Zombies on Waking the Dead shall wear marshmallow teeth when gnawing other characters
- House may not carry that stick - or as we prefer to call it, the offensive weapon - as it could be used to accidentally trip, or cause to fall to the floor, other actors who may be in the general vicinity.
- Spikes on top of railings in Albert Square shall be sawn-off
- Beer in the Rovers Return shall be served in plastic tumblers
- Blood used in Casualty shall not be red in case someone on the show develops a real bleed, in future we suggest aquamarine or umber.
Perhaps someone should write a series centered around the heroic figure of an H and S Official: "Reitman HS" He didn't need a Magnum .45 to clean up the city, a clipboard was enough.