Saturday 30 April 2011

After THAT Wedding

I've got to admit that I watched the Royal Wedding for the best part of two hours yesterday. What a joyous wonderful thing it was. When it comes to Ruritanian Pagetry nobody does it better. The papers have had a field day today; who wore what, who looked great, who looked terrible. I'll leave you to decide the winners and losers, though it seems certain Kate's sister, Pippa, will come out of this well - what a dress, and from the back, sheesh.

All these people getting dressed up reminded me of my favourite dressing up song. From The 5000 Fingers of Dr T here's the magnificent Hans Conried - an actor Hollywood didn't always know what to do with - getting ready for his big day. 5000 fingers is notable for being the only feature film ever written by Theodor Seuss Geisel, Dr Seuss, who was also responsible for the screenplay and the lyrics.

It's just about my favourite film clip ever (okay, so there may be others). As you watch it the second time - and you will - watch the dressers not Dr T. Hilarious.

I imagine this was going on quite a bit at the palace yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment